Learn to Sail
In the blue waters of Waikiki
Learn to Sail with an
American Sailing Association Certified Instructor
There is no better place to learn to sail than off the south shore of Oahu. If you are looking to become an ASA Certified sailor or just more proficient in the art of sailing, our classes will get you fully prepared.
ASA classes are taught by certified instructors, guided by a proven curriculum designed to get you sailing safely and confidently. Perfect for sailing families, our classes are for students 10 years and up.
If you’re looking to be a more skilled sailor or captain your own boat, our classes will prepare you to follow your sailing dreams.
Review our available classes and reserve your spot today!
Basic Keelboat Sailing
New to sailing? Start here.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged keelboat of approximately 20 to 27 feet in length by day in light to moderate winds (up to 15 knots) and sea conditions. Knowledge of basic sailing terminology, parts, and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship, and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards. Auxiliary power operation is not required.
Basic Coastal Cruising
- 1 student $1200
- 2 students $1400
- 3 students $1500
- 4 students $1600
Prices are per day plus tax.
- Private or Group Classes: Book a private class for 1 or a group class of 4.
- Course schedule: Class training in the morning, and sailing practice in the afternoon.
- Meeting place: Kewalo Basin, 1025 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814.
- What to bring & wear: You shouldn’t get too wet, but dress for the sun and a little spray: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and maybe a towel. Boat shoes or barefoot on the boat.
- Parking: free parking near the beach or $1/hr pay parking
Please note: This is a hands-on learning experience on a small boat with no alcohol served. You will be asked to help steer the boat and trim the sails! This is an open group activity with a minimum of 2 people. The minimum age for this course is 10 years old.